Re: [opensuse-translation] Switching Weblate to protected mode
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:40:37 +0200

Gesendet: Montag, 11. Juni 2018 um 03:15 Uhr
Von: "Ioannes Andreas" <ioannes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] Switching Weblate to protected mode

El 10/06/18 a las 15:37, Javier Llorente escribió:
Hello there!

We [the long time Spanish translators] are suffering from having a Weblate
open to anyone with an openSUSE account. Translations are submitted without
any kind of proofreading, which can lead to already translated and proofread
strings being overwritten.
Unfortunately, there is a Spanish translator doing that. For those
interested
there is a message about it in opensuse-translation-es;
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation-es/2018-06/msg00000.html

Therefore, I suggest switching Weblate's access control from "public" to
"protected"; translations by new members must be approved first.

Greetings,

Which translator?

Now, will a team with moderators or coordinators rule as I proposed before?

Do you have any proposal how to approve translators, that they are allowed to
translate in "protected" mode?
We are an open source project and everybody is allowed to contribute. So it is
public.

We can review all and you can watch all changed things in Weblate in the
History.
There is a button "Revert", if you have to watch impossible contributions.

You can discuss that on your mailinglist (like you are doing) then and if you
don't watch any changes,
we should think about locking this contributor.
Can you give us his nickname, please?Then we can look after his contributions.

Best regards,
Sarah