Re: [opensuse-translation] Call for Translations
Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne středa 21. února 2018 10:42:34 CET, Sarah Julia Kriesch napsal(a):
openSUSE Leap 15.0 will be released in May. So we should start with
translations again. I have seen most of you started with the "Call for
Translations" by SUSE. Thanks for your high motivation. Continue, please!

A really good information for you and thanks for your contributions in the
last months: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_status is
showing us that we are well on schedule! If you are finished with
translations, it is really welcome to start with reviewing and testing.

May I ask about for the schedule? https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap is
not very informative in this aspect... Specifically, what is the deadline for
translations?

Depends on what to translate. Generally infrastructure works basically
all the time. openSUSE package related things have no real deadline but
to make sure packages actually get in I'd say better finish the
important bits by first week of May. Core SLE is beeing translated right
now AFAIK.

Are there any important fixed milestone dates we should be aware of? I do the
translations in my spare free time and I'd like to have some overview about
the time scale.

As Sarah said, the development is rolling so no specific milestones.
Updates of packages usually do not happen automatically though. Someone
has to actually submit them (like desktop translations). So would be
good if someone takes care of that.

And what is the current state of work of paid translators? Are they still
continuing to work? If so, how long are they going to be working together with
us? Originally they were announced to work only for short time, but I saw
their activity recently in the Czech version. It is good, more strings will be
translated, but again, I'd like to have more information about the timing...

Maybe something Stanislav can answer.

cu
Ludwig

--