Re: [opensuse-translation] SLE 15 Translation
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 15:07:23 +0100
Dne středa 20. prosince 2017 14:28:40 CET, Tomas Chvatal napsal(a):
Vojtěch Zeisek píše v St 20. 12. 2017 v 14:22 +0100:
Yes, OK, if on the end there are no proposals and no fuzzy strings,
it will be
good. Progress. Despite fact there are projects not in so good state.
I'm not complaining. I just did expect something slightly different...

For what is interest of SUSE we will for sure use contractors to
translate specific apps or do reviews like this, rather than
translating milion strings from desktop files...

Partially probably language specific question, but (in the past?),
contracted
translators commonly used terms, which are weird for rest of most of
the Czech Linux world. I mean, their translations were inconsistent with
another Linux distributions, thus giving bit a strange feeling.
I understand the point, although desktop files also do contain plenty
of string useful for SLE, I think... Or no...?

Well SUSE has list of integral parts which get reviewed and updated as
needed. Those desktops are not there.

Simply take it as provided services that you shall get list of stuff
that you could later on review rather than retranslate, and we have
tons of bugs in the translations (which we plan to ammend with in
example common glossary hopefuly inheriting from [1]).

Also the weird translations are the reason I took time to review the
stuff and have more than 60% of rejected suggestion rate... But in the
end I found issues in the former translation and tweaked it too, so it
is not complete waste...

[1] http://wiki.l10n.cz/P%C5%99ekladatelsk%C3%BD_slovn%C3%ADk

OK, good, thank You. If we get rid of that, ehm..., weird translations (and
won't get any new;-), it will be good. But as Yasuhiko Kamata pointed out,
such issues can be present also in another languages. Czech is/will be solved,
but what about the others?

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/