Re: [opensuse-translation] SLE 15 Translation
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 14:09:14 +0100
Hi Vojtech,

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Dezember 2017 um 13:47 Uhr
Von: "Vojtěch Zeisek" <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] SLE 15 Translation

Hi,
I'm confused, sorry. I have received hundreds of Weblate notifications
about changes in YaST and Zypper. But these projects have been kept on
practically 100% for long time, see
https://l10n.opensuse.org/languages/cs/ Untranslated are mainly
desktop-file-translations and packages-i18n. Within YaST, timezone_db
contains plenty of controls (mainly names of localities). These projects
really needing care have not been touched so far. So I don't really know
what's going on right now... I hoped in more coordination or that
contracted translators will finish missing gaps...?
Sincerely,
V.

Can you describe your problem with an example string or something else,
please? I was looking into the history of zypper in Czech:
https://l10n.opensuse.org/changes/?lang=cs&project=zypper The change of all
%s into '%s' is correct. I don't understand Czech. So I can't review the
language. But most things are looking correct from outside. But what is
especially your problem?

I'm not sure if "problem" is a good word... For example
https://l10n.opensuse.org/translate/yast-dhcp-server/master/cs/?
checksum=6e00a403aa513bce
did just a very minute wording change (OK, if You'd sit with people from
various Czech regions in a pub, they could probably argue, which of the verbs
is better...;-), not really important in this case.
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/yast-dhcp-server/master/cs/#history
show mainly work on proposals.
Root of my confusion is, that I'd rather see work on untranslated and fuzzy
strings, than minute changes and checking old proposals...

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux