Re: [opensuse-translation] Wiki contains still a number of references to using the svn(.opensuse.org) server
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 21:47:15 +0200
Hi,

I added a github part today. But I recommend: "Use Weblate for uploads and not
github!"
The reason is you have to use Pull Requests on github. github isn't SVN. We are
working with our public repositories and the project owner has to review every
PR. That can need time (sometimes 1 month). In this time other people did
changes via Weblate or any developer updated all files and there exist a merge
conflict then.

I am using github for po files only in 1 situation:
- We have release time and we need finished translations.
- The Weblate project is locked and suggestions won't be accepted.
- The translated file is one of "Most important files".

I did that with zypper very often. That's the reason for the example.
A short time before the release most repositories will be reviewed very often.
So such a merge conflict is minimal (especially with locked Weblate repository).

Best regards,
Sarah