Re: [opensuse-translation] Sorting of package names in Weblate
Stanislav Brabec 24 июля 2017 г. 18:02:37 MSK:
Sarah Julia Kriesch wrote:
Hello Stanislav,

can you give us feedback to this idea? Thanks!

It seems that Weblate itself uses natural order inside the po file.

So the order in the po file matters.

Ludwig Nussel is the author of
https://github.com/openSUSE/packages-i18n/blob/master/50-tools/mergepo.sh,
so I would ask him first. I am not sure, where the script runs and if
the change requires deploying.

Initial version of 50-tools/mergepo.sh by Ludwig from 10 days ago doesn't
bring any new function compared to 50-tools/merge_pots.sh by me from 9 months
ago (pre-Weblate age, manual re-merging only).
Shouldn't Weblate merge the translations with pot files on it's own? IIRC, one
of the points to deploy Weblate at all was to automate keeping translations in
sync with pot files. If YES, then from my point of view running any of those
scripts automatically anywhere would be a HUGE mistake, as it duplicates
Weblate functions.
If NO, it would be sad, but re-merging the po files to make them properly
sorted again is a matter of several minutes. Don't know how fast Weblate will
pick up the changes from direct git commit. Anyway, I can fix the files
tomorrow
if nobody objects.

--
Regards, Minton