Re: [opensuse-translation] Sorting of package names in Weblate
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 17:33:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2017-07-22 at 15:21 +0200, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:

Currently, the strings in ‘packages-in’ are sorted *alphabetically* in Weblate. This makes it unncessarily hard to translate them (and to ensure consistency and high quality translations), as we lose all context, since, e.g. the name/summary of a package is in a completely different place in the translation file than its description. And related strings (e.g. of the package, foo, foo-devel, foo-lib, foo-bar, foo-baz) are scattered all over the file.

I can mention that this has been a problem well before weblate.

- -- Cheers,