Re: [opensuse-translation] pattern translations were stuck

Gesendet: Montag, 17. Juli 2017 um 16:31 Uhr
Von: "Ludwig Nussel" <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] pattern translations were stuck

Sarah Julia Kriesch wrote:
Gesendet: Montag, 17. Juli 2017 um 14:24 Uhr
Von: "Ludwig Nussel" <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sarah Julia Kriesch wrote:
Gesendet: Sonntag, 16. Juli 2017 um 13:14 Uhr
Von: "Ludwig Nussel" <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx

For whatever reason Weblate showed an outdated status of the pattern
translations. After some poking it has catched up now:
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/packages-i18n/patterns-master/

It seems all translations in packages-i18n were stuck...
You have updated all po files there. Sometimes we have got to
review more than 300 entries (gnome master as an example).

Does the deadline of yesterday exist after this bug?

Yes. We may have a chance to do another checkin if I get pointed at
specific important translations but in general the deadline is
passed now.

Then let's drink a beer for missing translations in packages-i18n and
the fixed bug... Every language has translated 100% in different
files. So it would be too much for selecting, listing and choosing the
"important files" of packages-i18n. Let's take the list in the wiki as
"important". Then no file is affected by this update after the bug.

The patterns are important as they are used during installation.
Unfortunately weblate has to badge for components like that.

cu
Ludwig

Then I add patterns to "most important files":
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_guide#The_Most_Important_Files
All can translate/ update it in the next 3 days, because po files were
updated yesterday. Some translators haven't got the time until now (beside
their job). Other languages are finished:
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/packages-i18n/patterns-master/

Best regards,
Sarah

I find these "packages-i18n" a waste of time/resources, except for the
patterns file.

Debian has some package description translations:
https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ddtp Can we use their
translations as upstream?

Regards,

Luiz