[opensuse-translation] Re: Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2
Am 08.11.2016 um 03:11 schrieb Karl Cheng:
#openSUSE Leap 42.2 will have GCC 4.8.5 with the option to install the newer
GCC 5. Read about the major features at http://bit.ly/1oODt93

Is the fact that Leap 42.2 has GCC 4.8.5 and 5 really much of a
selling point for this release? Personally I don't think that's a
particularly interesting reason to learn more about Leap.

I fully agree to that. That message should be removed. Appstream,
GTK and gstreamer are equally uninteresting IMO. What about saying
e.g. that we have development environments for a broad range of
languages like C, C++, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, Go, Haskell, Rust,
you name it ...

Also, what about mentioning docker? Is it not cool anymore?

Not sure we really need to mention the details of the dropped
packages, plus I think a percentage figure to go along with the new
package number would be more effective. Perhaps something like this
would work?

"#openSUSE Leap 42.2 brings in a collection of 1,413 brand new
packages, 17% more than 42.1."

New packages from Tumbleweed actually. +1

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel