Re: [opensuse-translation] new volunteers for Translation Coordinators
  • From: Luiz Fernando Ranghetti <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 14:01:35 -0300
On 2016-09-27 16:03, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

I don't know if Weblate offers features to explicitly assign
translations like a ticket system. Did SVN have that?

Not directly SVN, but by vertaal. For example in the Spanish team most
translators did not have an SVN account, but used vertaal to do the
downloading/uploading. Some teams autoassignated files; but in the end
when one translator took a file it was blocked for him in Vertaal. No
other translator could work on it. People could be assigned to a file as
translator or reviewer. The coordinator could unblock a file, and assign it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Hi,

One interessting feature weblate will have and someone already talked
about in this list is a reviewer role, so every new translations comes
as a suggestion only, and the reviewer (can be the coordinator) will
accept it or not. I don't know the status of this feature.

The buttons on web ui of weblate should show the projects by language,
for example, the History button on the dashboard, if you click on it
you right now, you'll see some changes in "yast-rdp/master - Germany"
translations, not usefull for me. It should show translations in my
language only. The same for "Statistics" under "Tools", etc.

But, I really like weblate, it reduces the barrier for newcomers (I
see 2 new translators in one week).

Regards,

Luiz