Re: [opensuse-translation] new volunteers for Translation Coordinators
Luiz Fernando Ranghetti schrieb:
As weblate permits anyone to start translating anytime, how can we,
the translation coordinators, coordinate something? For example, see
who is our team? Assign translations, etc.

Sarah already posted the link to the team listing in the wiki. I
don't know if Weblate has more features to help with that. What I
can see in the web ui is that you have a history of translations of
each project and you can subscribe to events such as new
translations, new strings and even new contributors. That looks like
powerful tools to get an overview of who is active in your language.

I don't know if Weblate offers features to explicitly assign
translations like a ticket system. Did SVN have that? As coordinator
you can certainly approach your team to split the work e.g. by
project in an informal way though. You can also check which
projects and components are most important and lack translations to
point out areas that need to be handled with priority.

skelcd-opensuse for example contains the license which is only shown
in a certain language if it's translated at 100%. So if it changes
(happened recently) it's worth notifying the translators:
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/skelcd-opensuse/master/

I tried to create a page that shows an overview of the components
and main languages we have. Unfortunately Weblate has a bug and
shows non-existing translations as 100% sometimes:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_status
https://github.com/nijel/weblate/issues/1239

cu
Ludwig