Re: [opensuse-translation] SLE translation team in Weblate
On 06/17/2016 02:58 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-06-17 14:11, Yasuhiko Kamata wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 10:32:20 +0200 Ludwig Nussel <> wrote:

Ja_jp is also like that (use different terms for translation).

Because they (paid translator) have responsibility for their
customer (should have consistent translations between the previous
SLE version, for example), I'm worrying that suggestions are
refused or simply ignored and all of translations are overwritten
with SLE's version.

I have the same feeling regarding the Spanish translation. When we
started we inherited some translations done by paid translators. It
was not possible to contact them, there was not a list of vocabulary
that we could access, nor a guide of uses. We had to start fresh, and
thus we had to review and redo all that they had done, discussing all
in our mail list. For instance, we took very much under consideration
that we had to translate for Spain and for South America, which use
different expressions. For example, I can think of a common use verb
in Spain that is an insult to use in some other countries.

Basically the paid translators act like closed source. There is no
contact with them, no influence, no sharing.

That was years ago. Let's hope Leap becomes a opportunity to establish a
better collaboration. Everybody deserves a second chance.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH