Re: [opensuse-translation] SLE translation team in Weblate
  • From: Luiz Fernando Ranghetti <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 15:38:23 -0300
Dear translators.

As you may know, SUSE is now working on SLE12 SP2. As part of this effort,
contracted translators and reviewers will work on translation of
16 languages of selected projects.

As we plan to completely migrate to Weblate, we selected three projects as a
pilot for this migration. These projects also represent two working
models:

libzypp, zypper: These projects now have only one branch that will be
deployed simultaneously on both Factory/Tumbleweed and SLE12 SP2.

yast-slide-show: This project has a separate branch for SLE12 SP2 and master
(Factory/Tumbleweed).

Last month we started phase 1: Merge of SLE translations into openSUSE
translations using SLE Merge Robot making suggestions. (Some of them seen
hundreds of mails. I apologize for that. Weblate sent one mail per change.)

Now phase 2 will start: Contracted translators will start to work on these
translations, make them complete and reviewed.

Hi,

For libzypp and zypper, using pt_BR as an example, contracted
translators and comunity ones uses different terms for translations,
probably this means that in this phase, they will erase all our
comunity translations and re-apply the SLE Merge Robot which now are
just suggestions to make the zypper translation on next SLE like it
always was in SLE.

I saw this as a problem. Why? Right now zypper is 96,3% translated for
pt_BR. Will the contractors start with that or with the last version
they worked? (With that they will complain that the translation
doesn't comply with their standards.

After they do their work and when zypper is available to translate
again we, the comunity translators, will have to revert all the
changes contracted translators made or, at least, review all work done
and update the terms we use different. Next round of translations,
same problems...

Regards,

Luiz