Re: [opensuse-translation] Weblate, Leap, tumbleweed and what is pulled from where
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 12:42:54 +0100 (CET)

On Tuesday, 2016-03-22 at 11:16 +0100, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne úterý 22. března 2016 11:09:30 CET, Carlos E. R. napsal(a):
On Tuesday, 2016-03-22 at 09:19 +0100, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:

You mean that we would have to, each of us, keep and maintain a script
that pulls all the translation files into our own machines, and have
some version control in there?

All projects have their Git repositories. Git is responsible for version
controlling. You can clone them, keep trace of changes, ask for commit access
etc. The only problem is that each project has its own Git repository.
Otherwise I don't see much problems in it.

Why not the, have it centralized, into the current svn?

SVN is deprecated, if I can say so. Git is the future.

svn or git is mostly irrelevant (except for vertaal, will not work with git and will not be upgraded).

The issue is having all translation files in a single directory or small tree of directories. Not a hundred projects in git.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)