Re: [opensuse-translation] Weblate, Leap, tumbleweed and what is pulled from where
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:48:49 +0100
Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
Ludwig Nussel skreiv 22. mars 2016 11:42:
So far the people involved in weblate were very open and active to
implement features suggested also on this list. So I'd like to
suggest to give weblate another try once the new version is deployed
on l10n.opensuse.org which should be really soon now. As usual with
new tools it will take a while to get used to it. Please give it a
fair chance so issues can be addressed until the release.

Sure. Do you know what the plans are for actually updating the
translation files *available for translation* in Weblate? Will there
be some script doing this, or will we still be depending on the
developers manually doing this?

That depends on the software. The majority of sources are hosted on
github nowadays (like zypp, website etc). Weblate will automatically
pick up any pot file changes there and push back po files more or
less immediately. So chances that translations run out of sync get
minimized.

For a few things not natively hosted on github, like patterns, we
still need some scripting to keep translations updated. We need to
keep the number of such projects as low as possible though.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel