Re: [opensuse-translation] Weblate, Leap, tumbleweed and what is pulled from where
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 11:42:42 +0100
Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
Carlos E. R. skreiv 22. mars 2016 11:09:
You mean that we would have to, each of us, keep and maintain a script that
pulls all the translation files into our own machines, and have some version
control in there?

Why not the, have it centralized, into the current svn?

Because the current SVN repository will be ‘killed’, according to the
blog post.

But we (the translators that are interested in offline translation)
can of course create our own repository (perhaps on GitHub) for
storing and sharing the scripts. And perhaps even the translation
files?

So far the people involved in weblate were very open and active to
implement features suggested also on this list. So I'd like to
suggest to give weblate another try once the new version is deployed
on l10n.opensuse.org which should be really soon now. As usual with
new tools it will take a while to get used to it. Please give it a
fair chance so issues can be addressed until the release.

I'd also like to point out that there will be a talk about weblate
on the openSUSE conference. So it's a good opportunity to meet and
discuss the translation process and tools. For that reason
translators are more than welcome to join the conference. There's
also the chance to apply for TSP btw.

Nevertheless please keep in mind that weblate resp l10n.opensuse.org
will never be the only source of translations. In order to
completely translate the distribution to a certain language,
translators will have to be join upstream communities that use
various other translations methods.

cu
Ludwig

--