Re: [opensuse-translation] Weblate, Leap, tumbleweed and what is pulled from where
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 11:16:18 +0100
Dne úterý 22. března 2016 11:09:30 CET, Carlos E. R. napsal(a):
On Tuesday, 2016-03-22 at 09:19 +0100, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
If this is eventually getting implemented (the plans on the Github issue
is
from 2013), is going to work like it’s described and openSUSE would update
to this version, I would be very happy with it. One can create some
simple scripts and then work offline, using whatever editor and tools one
prefers, just like with the SVN old system.

Of course, one would probably want to run one’s own version control system
(version control is important!), but now that we have distributed systems
like Git, that’s easy.

You mean that we would have to, each of us, keep and maintain a script
that pulls all the translation files into our own machines, and have
some version control in there?

All projects have their Git repositories. Git is responsible for version
controlling. You can clone them, keep trace of changes, ask for commit access
etc. The only problem is that each project has its own Git repository.
Otherwise I don't see much problems in it.

Why not the, have it centralized, into the current svn?

SVN is deprecated, if I can say so. Git is the future.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux