Re: [opensuse-translation] Weblate, Leap, tumbleweed and what is pulled from where
  • From: Luiz Fernando Ranghetti <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:31:21 -0300
On 2016-03-20 18:30, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
Karl Ove Hufthammer skreiv 11. mars 2016 22:46:
Atm the update of weblate with bugs fixed from the last round is in
progress here
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/M17N:l10n.opensuse.org
When it builds and gets published more stuff will get migrated.

Am I understanding you correctly in that all the openSUSE translations
files will be moved to Weblate? And that the translators will have to
use Weblate to translate openSUSE in the future?

I never got a reply, but stumbled over this blog post today, which seems
to list the plans for the translation infrastructure for openSUSE (not
very good news, I’m afraid):

http://rootco.de/board/2016/03/20/board-meeting-f2f-2016-p3.html

i18n.o.o: Translations site is being migrated to l10n.o.o as we
speak and i18n will be killed including the svn prior Leap 42.2 release.

Sigh.

Well, that's the end for me. I won't be able to translate for openSUSE.
Maybe other people will continue, who knows.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

Hi,

On the other side, I'm confident with this move and the possibilities
it brings (translate of various branches simultaneously, up-to-date
files directly taken from git, etc). If this new version have the
missing things on 2.3 (coordinator and reviewer roles, etc) it will be
a step forward in the situation we have now.

Regards,

Luiz