Re: [opensuse-translation] Leap/SLE translations pushed to Tumbleweed?
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-03-08 11:53, Stephan Kulow wrote:

On 2016-03-08 00:55, Alexander Melentev wrote:

Now, on leap, there is no directory at all and we simply can not work at
all.

Lo siento, pero es tiempo para cambiar.

Feel free to talk to the rest of the Spanish team or find more
contributors somewhere. I asked them to push forward, to find how to
contribute now. I simply am unable to see how I can contribute
translations to Leap. Other team members have expressed similar
thoughts. None stepped up, as far as I know.

As to factory aka tumbleweed, only one member was actively translating
but he abandoned when he saw that his work was not used. His .po files
where uploaded to trunk, but nobody pushed them to the devs. He had to
stop trying.

I think it's safe to say that noone is happy with the current
situation. We need to do something about it and that most likely
means some compromise for all involved parties.
In the specific case of zypper for example I have a hard time
understanding why it's translations are on svn.o.o rather than right
in the source repo on github in a po subdirectory next to the code.
Ie like pretty much any other upstream project. If translations were
there it would be pretty clear which ones are used and where
contributions have to go. No matter whether done by paid translators
or volunteers.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel
//\

That's another issue, in my opinion the biggest one. Right now we have
a mixed setup, most of it on svn, and partly on an experiment with
Weblate. With Weblate we can have 1 po and multiple branches, which is
nice, but it lack some kind of control (ie. coordinators, etc). With
it we can include for example, the license file you talked about
months ago, zypper man pages, some manuals, etc. But l10n.opensuse.org
was set, some files are dropped there but no conclusion has been
taked.

Back to the original discussion, we all want that all parties get
involved, so what the paid translator has to say in this matter?
They're willing to join us translate openSUSE, they will accept our
contribution, etc?

Regards,

Luiz