Re: [opensuse-translation] Leap/SLE translations pushed to Tumbleweed?
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:24:04 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-03-08 00:55, Alexander Melentev wrote:

Now, on leap, there is no directory at all and we simply can not work at
all.

Lo siento, pero es tiempo para cambiar.

Feel free to talk to the rest of the Spanish team or find more
contributors somewhere. I asked them to push forward, to find how to
contribute now. I simply am unable to see how I can contribute
translations to Leap. Other team members have expressed similar
thoughts. None stepped up, as far as I know.

As to factory aka tumbleweed, only one member was actively translating
but he abandoned when he saw that his work was not used. His .po files
where uploaded to trunk, but nobody pushed them to the devs. He had to
stop trying.

I think it's safe to say that noone is happy with the current
situation. We need to do something about it and that most likely
means some compromise for all involved parties.
In the specific case of zypper for example I have a hard time
understanding why it's translations are on svn.o.o rather than right
in the source repo on github in a po subdirectory next to the code.
Ie like pretty much any other upstream project. If translations were
there it would be pretty clear which ones are used and where
contributions have to go. No matter whether done by paid translators
or volunteers.

cu
Ludwig

--