Re: [opensuse-translation] Leap/SLE translations pushed to Tumbleweed?
That sounds severe indeed. The main reason we can't just throw away the
SLE translations is that the SLE translators also translate the manuals
and having the tools and the documentation in sync is very valuable to
customers. Now if the documentation also uses this machine translation
way you describe, it makes you wonder how useful the Russian manual is ;(
Well, even if I'm sure this manual is not that useful in Russian, that
is not my main concern. I wasn't suggesting to "just throw away"
anything, exactly because SLE translations are paid translations and
they are there to add value to SLE releases to make customers happier.
But I have nothing to do with this, I am community volunteer who
translates openSUSE releases only, cause community contributions to
SLE branches are forbidden. My point was about Leap (even though it is
SLE-based) and TW as they are still openSUSE releases which deserve
(and are implied) to have openSUSE translations.

But as I said previously: if the problem with our translations is so
bad, we need to fix it for real. Not just hide it for Tumbleweed. So
it's great we're having this discussion, because I'm certain in the end
we will see a solution that will please all Russian (open)SUSE users.
I hope so, too. I am really willing to rectify this situation somehow,
but reporting translation differences is a dead-born idea. yast+lcn
have almost 35k messages, some SLE translations are OK, just different
but some are horrible,but even if we all be really kind and say that
only 10% worth a report, doing so with 10 bugreports a day will take
me almost a year. So I would really like to have some other way to fix
those issues.

--
Regards, Minton.