Re: [opensuse-translation] Problems and suggestions about openSUSE localization package installation
On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 10:57:38 +0100 Freek de Kruijf wrote:

Once you add a language apart from en_US, AFAIK, all needed,
by applications and libraries, -lang packages are installed
auto magically. Most -lang on my system belong to libraries.

I guess this goes back to the root of this problem. The -lang packages for new installed programs are not automatically installed on my system because I disable installation of recommends. And even if I do enable installation of recommends, it still won't install the -lang packages for the pre-installed packages from the default installation. And if I use the option to install recommends for already installed packages, I get a *huge* amount of unwanted extraneous non-language packages as part of the recommends of other installed packages.