Re: [opensuse-translation] Problems and suggestions about openSUSE localization package installation
Op maandag 30 november 2015 16:09:08 schreef S.:
Thanks Karl for the reply. I'll post the issue here first.

I'm running into a major issue that makes it really hard for me to use
openSUSE. I need to install an additional interface language on my
system apart from English, and there is apparently a very good YAST
module for this. However, it doesn't actually install the relevant
`-lang` packages because it depends on the zypper package recommends,
which I have disabled. I tried re-enabling it and re-enabling the
language I want, but it only installs a few spellcheck dictionaries and
Firefox language packs, but not the profusion of `-lang` packages that I
need for each and every GUI app. Then I tried doing a `zypper
install-new-recommends`, but I aborted because it wanted to install a
whopping 715 new packages for a grand total on the disk of well over
**1GB**!!!

I don't really think that the package recommends system is the right
tool for installing `-lang` packages for a given language.

Or is there any workaround I can use or some hidden zypp(er) setting
that will make it only heed `-lang` recommends and none of the others?

Thanks for any insight.

Did you try YaST -> Software -> Software Management -> View -> Languages and
select the appropriate language. You should get a list of packages containing
the localization for that language. You can enable or disable required or
unwanted packages.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE