Re: [opensuse-translation] How to translate patterns in YaST software manager?
On 15.11.2015 23:40, Alexander Melentev wrote:
Well, there is not much sense in such splitting for me either, but I
was trying to stay compatible with existing realisation, which was
generating package lists based on media (kde cd, gnome cd, dvd, repo)
and then splitting them into parts by package name. I couldn't break
this by doing splitting in a different fashion cause we are still not
aware of the way these translations get used on real media (and
breaking another people's workflow without preliminary agreement is
definitely not the way to have a lot of fun).
The split is just there to help translators - the translations are
merged into one big thing before usage anyway.

So fix the splitting to be as useful as needed by translators.

The initial data for each pot file is a package list sorted by name,
the name of src package is extracted later in the process by
converting perl script (I used it as ready-made software since I don't
even read in perl). The only way to have the resulting messages sorted
by src package name instead of now-used package name is to have
initial package list sorted by src package name. This will get your
example lines split in two files instead of five, but somebody has to
write this additional sorter.

Having all binary packages of one src package in the same list sounds
reasonable to me. So if one binary is in kde_cd, pull up all others too.

Greetings, Stephan