Re: [opensuse-translation] [Leap 42.1] Release Notes French Translation

On 2015-11-04 14:52, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
On 2015-11-04 13:17, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
Op woensdag 4 november 2015 11:12:39 schreef Tomáš Chvátal:
Also nobody is forcing you to go with the weblate. You can
just copy the po file in the git repo and do everything right

Git is too complicated for my simple brain. Maybe with a
cookbook explanation I can cope with it.

I have no idea how to copy that file and submit it.

Does this help?

No, sorry. It has to be a page at, documenting the exact
process for opensuse translation process. Including how to assign a
file to a particular person, by the team coordinator.

One needs account on GitHub and permission to write to particular

Which are the repositories corresponding to the current svn yast and
lcn? A single directory or two, please, I can't go searching for files
all over the place.

If You don't have it, You can ask maintainer to get it. Otherwise
You can fork the repository and clone it

Sorry, I don't understand any of that.

Seriously, I don't see much difference compare to SVN. Git is more
powerful, so it has more functions, and, yes, more commands...
Well, if You don't like git in command line, use GitHub's web
interface or weblate. Other option is to make it graphically -
download selected *.po files, modify and upload over GitHub
interface and create a pull request. Sorry, I'm confused. Some
people were complaining they don't like web interface. And now
there are complains about command line...? SVN is little bit
deprecated, projects are commonly moving to Git...

We only needed two commands for svn: up, and commit. Nothing else.
Browse to the directory holding all the lcn po files, and do "svn
commit --message "arbitrary comment". That's all. Copypaste a command.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)