Re: [opensuse-translation] [Leap 42.1] Release Notes French Translation
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 14:52:20 +0100
On 2015-11-04 13:17, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
Op woensdag 4 november 2015 11:12:39 schreef Tomáš Chvátal:
Also nobody is forcing you to go with the weblate. You can just
copy the po file in the git repo and do everything right away.

Git is too complicated for my simple brain. Maybe with a cookbook
explanation I can cope with it.

Right.

I have no idea how to copy that file and submit it.

Does this https://rogerdudler.github.io/git-guide/ help?
One needs account on GitHub and permission to write to particular repository.
If You don't have it, You can ask maintainer to get it. Otherwise You can fork
the repository https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo and clone it
locally, do the changes, blah, blah and:
git add <changed files> # add modified files to new commit
git commit -m "blah blah“ # describe the commit
git push origin master # put the local changes on-line
And finally make pull request as described on
https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests (the maintainer will them
merge your changes).
Seriously, I don't see much difference compare to SVN. Git is more powerful,
so it has more functions, and, yes, more commands... Well, if You don't like
git in command line, use GitHub's web interface or weblate.
Other option is to make it graphically - download selected *.po files, modify
and upload over GitHub interface and create a pull request.
Sorry, I'm confused. Some people were complaining they don't like web
interface. And now there are complains about command line...? SVN is little
bit deprecated, projects are commonly moving to Git...
Sincerely,
Vojtěch

--
Vojtěch Zeisek