Re: [opensuse-translation] What is the meaning of "the makers" in this paragraph?
On 11/03/2015 03:20 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

There is a reason why openSUSE is "the makers' choice for sysadmins,
developers and desktop users;" openSUSE gives you choice and provides a
user-friendly desktop, and feature-rich server environment. People torn
between newer software and a long-term, highly stable Linux system turn to
openSUSE. Leap 42.1 provides "The Best of Two Worlds" - reliability and
contemporary software. Based on the core of SUSE Linux Enterprise, Leap
42.1 combines the proven SUSE core with the innovative spirit of
open-source
communities. That combinations gives makers choices and Leap 42.1
complements openSUSE's other release Tumbleweed, which caters to those who
want continuously updated, tested and new stable packages.

I don't know what's the meaning of "makers" here. The direct translation
would be equivalent to "manufacturer", and that does not make much sense.

I don't know what was the intention of the original writer, but I guess
it's a reference to the maker culture.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maker_culture

--
Ancor González Sosa