Dne 15.10.2015 v 15:30 Carlos E. R. napsal(a):

And in the case of openSUSE translators, we only translate those
things where openSUSE is the upstream, meaning that things are easier
to locate ;-)

Even there you can see strings and buttons translated in other domain.

Not as easy as it looks. I even write a string locator to make this task easier:

https://en.opensuse.org/Help:Translations:Bugs#watch-gettext
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:sbrabec/watch-gettext

On the other hand, what would be very nice for the translator is to
have a mock-up, or dry-run, version of the applications we translate.
So that we can trigger all the menus and dialogs without actually
doing things in our systems, and see how they feel, how they look.
This would benefit also the application designer, he would be able to
see the application in the original language and check.

Some of the dialogs only happen on certain hard to reach conditions,
so we never see them. And some may apply very undesired changes to our
running systems, which is why I seldom test them.

It would be nice, but I have no idea how it could be done. Some windows are even built on fly.

For glade or other UI builder, it could be easy however.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer