  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 19:15:50 +0200
On 13 October 2015 at 16:36, Carlos E. R. <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I will clarify this a bit, for the benefit of other readers, as it
refers to an off-list conversation.

Richard basically proposed me to do the job that Karl Eichwalder does,
which as many people here know, is not possible for me to do.

That's one heck of an exaggeration

Once you explained to me what Karl Eichwalder does and that he was
asking for help, I suggested you could do that.. my exact words were

"well like Karl Eichwalder says..someone needs to sort it out... why dont you?"

To which you replied the following

"I can't. I don't know how to do it, I don't have the knowledge nor
the contacs (he is a SUSE employee). It is a complex task he does, and
nobody knows how to do it, apparently."

In response, I said

"So, ask him to teach you?

You know more about the process than I do..you've been able to explain
it to me well enough for me to be reasonably confident few other
people will have the good base knowledge to know how it all ties
together.. I think you should really push yourself to try and help the
project out in this way..you care about translations, we need someone
to do it, you know more about it than most, you care about it more
than most, so do something about it.."

That is not suggesting you do Karl's job, but that you step up and
help find a solution for the project that you care about

And I don't, EVER, buy the 'I don't know how to do it' argument.
Everything can be learned. The question is whether you're willing to
do so.

Thus his hints that it is my fault that Leap is not translated. :-}

That also is an exaggeration.
I just claim that your credibility in seeking a resolution is greatly
diminished by your history of being very vocal on these topics but not
taking the opportunities available to you to do something about it.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

You declined an opportunity to learn and lead the translations of
Project in a direction you wish

You seem to be greatly resistant to this opportunity to follow others
who ARE trying to address the issues and get Leap and Tumbleweed
translated

So, I think you should get out of the way.

Sure, you disagree with the people who are stepping up to do Weblate,
but they're doing work, you are just telling everyone that everything
is impossible but you won't do anything about it.