  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 01:04:26 +0200

On 2015-10-12 17:28, Richard Brown wrote:
On 12 October 2015 at 15:13, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:

It is "them" who is discouraging "us", by imposing things on us
without even talking to "us".

You are not helping :-(

Did you seriously just reply to my call to stop thinking in terms
of 'them' vs 'us' with "It's not 'us', it's 'them'!"

You have a you vs us the instant that a group (with suse addresses)
implement huge changes to things without talking with the rest, that
happen to have outside addresses.

Come on Carlos, don't be silly.

Take a step back and realise that this situation is an opportunity
to address issues that are in need of addressing

Just 12 days ago you posted a dramatic mail to the -factory
mailinglist making it clear that Leap was not translated,
Tumbleweed has barely any

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2015-09/msg00777.html

When I contacted you privately to suggest that you could help
organise a solution to that problem you placed the finger of blame
firmly at a 'structural and manpower problem' that was 'further up
from us'

Now, by co-incidence and luck, you have a possible solution placed
in front of you, from that very 'further up' that you blame While
not perfect, Weblate seeks to address both the structural and
manpower problems that we're facing..and you object rather than
embrace the opportunity?

No, it can not address our problems when it was implemented even
without telling us!

And don't tell me it was just a test, not ready for deployment,
because we found it just by chance, because it was being deployed,
with real files, instead of setting up a mockup in which to test it
without threading on anyone toes, and when ready, asking people to try
it out and comment.

You can't have things both ways. Either the translation teams old
methods are fine and perfect, in which case you were talking
nonsense two weeks ago, or the situation is as dire as you made
out, in which case I think you should be grateful of all the help
you can get from wherever it is coming from and dive in with both
feet first into any possible solution.

Sure, it requires a change of methods and mindset - but that should
be expected, the old methods and mindset weren't working..that much
you made clear 12 days ago..

They were not working because the developers were not doing their
part. So, they are not happy and they change it, good, but destroying
our side of the system, the side that was working correctly, bad.

The post from Karl on the project mail list explains it much better
that I can do.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))