Søndag den 11. oktober 2015 11:08:22 skrev Efstathios Iosifidis:
2. KDE (as far as I know): Someone has to register to local mailing
list. Request for a file. Coordinator sends him the po file. The
person sends the file back to coordinator. The coordinator commits the
file. Not sure where someone can check the stats or what file he was
to translate. It looks too complicated to me and too slow.

For a non-coordinator to translate KDE, all the guy needs to do is:

1) go to l10n.kde.org, e.g. http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/da/
and download the PO-file
2) translate the PO with his preferred editor
3) e-mail the translated PO to the coordinator (e-mail address can be found in
any KDE app under Help -> About [APP] -> Translation).

Of course it would make sense for the guy to give the coordinator notice
before starting work to avoid duplicated work. It might also make sense to
join a mailing list or an IRC channel where coordination and standardization
can take place.

And I don't see how a web based tool would change this. Except a web based
tool might undermine any sort of "team spirit" and standardization efforts, by
making it a free for all, leaving it to the reviewer/manager to clean up after
"hit and run" translators.