On 2015-10-11 14:58, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
Den 11. okt. 2015 10:46, Karl Ove Hufthammer skreiv:
Is it easy to download and upload *all* the files in one go, and
using the command line? That’s a requirement for me for having an
efficient work flow.

I’ve now registered at https://l10n.opensuse.org/, and done some
testing. (BTW, it seems like anyone with an openSUSE (i.e.
Bugzilla) account can register, and make any changes to any
translations in any language.)

So, no control :-(

Quality goes out of the window.

At least currently, it looks it’s *not* possible to mass-download
or mass-upload translation files. One have to use the Web
interface, go to each application and download a single file (three
clicks, but quite a few more if you include choosing the download
location). For uploading, you have to repeat a similar procedure.
And there is no way of downloading the template files (.pot files)
*at all*.

:-(

And, worryingly, translators’ comments (comments that can be added
to a translation file for each string, for example to clarify why
the translation was done the way it was, as a reminder to future
translators and to oneself) are *stripped* from the translation
file.

:-(

That is, if you do offline translation, add a translator’s comment,
upload the file, and download the file again, the translator’s
comment is gone! (And it’s not visible in the Weblate interface
either.) That’s a quite severe bug. (This also means that any
translators’ comments that were in the original files in SVN that
were ‘stolen’ (not my words) are now gone if you download them from
Weblate, so don’t do that.)

Oh, my. :-(

This is terrible. I can't work that way. I'm not selfish, I simply can
not work that way.

(you can still get the old version in svn, though)

Also, committing of the translated files doesn’t seem to work. When
I uploaded a file, I got this error message: ‘Failed to push to
remote branch on libcamgm/master.’

Maybe it is disabled for "testing".

So perhaps even if a file is translated in Weblate, one isn’t
guaranteed that it’s actually pushed to the source code repository
and included in future application releases? Though this might
perhaps just be a feature that isn’t implemented yet, as openSUSE
Weblate is still in beta, so I’m not too worried about this (yet).

Maybe.

All in all, *currently* it doesn’t look like Weblate is ready for
use; there is some very basic functionality missing. But we can of
course be optimistic that this will be fixed before Weblate is
implemented as the official way of translating.

I'm not having fun :-(

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))