On 2015-10-11 10:46, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
Den 11. okt. 2015 10:02, Ferdinand Galko skreiv:

You are aware that Lokalize has built in project manager, right?
With this, you have *continously* updated statistics; i.e., every
time save your translation file, the statistics in the project view
is updated (both with numbers and with colour-coded bars).

Yes.

Download/upload .po files is simple in Weblate. There is not
needed any additional SW and any working directory to
synchronise.

Is it easy to download and upload *all* the files in one go, and
using the command line? That’s a requirement for me for having an
efficient work flow.

And to a single directory, or lokalize will not see all them at a
glance in the project view. Or any other GUI po editor we have.

Also, how are branches (i.e. 13.2, 42.0, Tumbleweed, trunk/Factory)
in Weblate? Is there a separate repository/project/folder for each
branch?

If all this is possible, I won’t see much of a problem with
openSUSE using Weblate. I’ll be able to use my normal workflow
(just replacing ‘svn up’ and ‘svn commit’ with two other
commands). And for versioning, I’ll (hopefully) be able to continue
to use the current SVN repository (perhaps with a different, more
sensible, directory structure). As long as one person on each team
was responsible for downloading from Weblate to SVN, and uploading
from SVN to Weblate (two simple commands to run), other people
could continue to use SVN (and other tools based on this, such as
Vertaal) just like they do now.

Vertaal will no longer work. It does not support GIT, and Gabriel said
in the past he would not do that large modification.

So, using weblate, we need some other method in which coordinators can
assign files to translators, not a free for all.

In online edit mode on weblate apparently I see one message at a time,
with delays when going from one to the next, but it handles collisions
between translators. Many people can work on the same file
simultaneously. True. But this destroys consistency of the translation.

I don't know if locking a file is possible, so that only one person
can work on it.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" (Minas Tirith))