Dne So 10. října 2015 08:40:54, Ferdinand Galko napsal(a):
Can somebody please explain why was some translations
(/trunk/lcn/50-pot) migrated to openSUSE Weblate?
What does this mean for us?

Thank you.

Hello,

full and official announcement of the beta will be going at some point next few
weeks. We just needed to "steal" some of the projects already being translated
to ensure good live testing.

The plan is to have weblate for all the stuff, because it will by this per-
project git repository solve most of the trouble we are having wrt
longstanging SLE issues and now inherited by Leap issues.

We thought really hard about the problem and the fact that weblate actually is
open-source and can be glued to internal infrastructure was the winner.

Now for the concerns raised over the thread:

1) po translations will be allowed even externaly, ie. direct git commits
2) weblate allows mass-download and mass upload, so you can use the tool even
for some checks if you don't want to do direct commits

The not being announced:

Well as I said above it is not still perfectly ready for open beta, so we have
to tackle few odd issues.

Atm anyone with bugzilla account can become translator (which is good) but
there is no good separation of review teams (ie review team is per project
rather than per lang, code already in WIP).

The idea is later on that you guys receive the "review" and "manager" account
for your respective language variants and have a fun checking what all the
whole community can translate. -> Way easier entry barrier for the thing.

So you can try the translating as of now and collaboration will be deployed in
close future. If you find any problems with the tool, like crashes where we
didn't noticed them, or something does not behave like it should please sent
sbrabec an email about it or file a ticked in bugtracker.

HTH

Tom

PS: Did you know that some of those PO translations in SVN were not used for
like 7 years? Now they are :)