On 2015-10-10 17:37, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:

10. října 2015 15:22:07 CEST, Alexander Melentev
<minton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> napsal:
<galko.ferdinand@xxxxxxxxx>:
Can somebody please explain why was some translations
(/trunk/lcn/50-pot) migrated to openSUSE Weblate? What does
this mean for us?
FMPOV, for us that means that nobody is actually interested in
our opinion, nobody cares for our established workflow and nobody
has a clue about best practices in decision making by discussing
the issue with those who are interested. This exact move of files
clearly wasn't decided here on translators mailing list. No
recent discussion was held, no simple warning was posted (sic!).
I find this move really demotivating.

I'd agree, but isn't it too early to say that? I mean, I don't see
any word in oS wiki, nor official annoucement, instructions, ...

That's what pisses me.

The wiki says nothing because it is basically us who writes it.

I remember the suggestion about using weblate for opensuse-i18n
some time ago, but no decision was made back then. While I really
think that this is a good idea in general as it might lower the
complexity of the process for beginners, I don't think that
forcing us to use this tool is also a good idea.

Isn't Weblate just another UI? I mean, all needed files are in
https://github.com/opensuse/ is there should be nothing preventing
GIT lovers from working, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weblate

basically, it is a wiki-like tool, editing directly on the web. Git is
in the back.

It is clear that keichwa or sbrabec owe us an explanation.

I think sbrabec is only author of Weblate, but he is not anyhow
responsible for decision making...

Certainly somebody owns us an explanation :-/

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)