  • From: Alexander Melentev <minton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 16:22:07 +0300
Can somebody please explain why was some translations
(/trunk/lcn/50-pot) migrated to openSUSE Weblate?
What does this mean for us?
FMPOV, for us that means that nobody is actually interested in our
opinion, nobody cares for our established workflow and nobody has a
clue about best practices in decision making by discussing the issue
with those who are interested. This exact move of files clearly wasn't
decided here on translators mailing list. No recent discussion was
held, no simple warning was posted (sic!). I find this move really
demotivating.

I remember the suggestion about using weblate for opensuse-i18n some
time ago, but no decision was made back then. While I really think
that this is a good idea in general as it might lower the complexity
of the process for beginners, I don't think that forcing us to use
this tool is also a good idea.

P.S. I don't buy using git for translations. We had a single repo
where we could work on all the files at once. If everything will
migrate to git then every translator wishing to work on all the files
will need to host 150+ individual repos. I can't imagine how this can
be more convinient than what we have now.

It is clear that keichwa or sbrabec owe us an explanation.
--
Regards, Minton.