Re: [opensuse-translation] Translating Leap
Den 01. okt. 2015 15:41, Andrea Turrini skreiv:
On 01/10/15 18:40, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
>I would be great, if community translators of the official SLE languages
>(en_US, ar, cs, de, es, fr, hu, it, ja, ko, nl, pl, pt_BR, ru, sv,
>zh_CN, and zh_TW) would compare current factory translations with the
>variants in the SLE12-SP1 branch and report issues via bugzilla.
So you are saying that we should compare slightly less than 17k strings
to find differences, aren't you?
Sorry, but I think this is not feasible, also because it is enough to
have a different wrapping of the strings to break the use of diff.

I would recommend the ‘poediff’ tool. It handles different line wrappings, moved/changed strings and other problems, and shows all changes using a nice colour-coded ‘inline diff’ syntax. It even has support for SVN.

Usage example (based on the SVN log in Karl Eichwalder’s e-mail earlier today):

poediff -c svn -r 92801:92814 registration.nl.po

The diff looks like this (but the {-...-} and {+...+} are colour coded to make it easier to see where there has been insertions and deletions:

#. TRANSLATORS: Multiselection widget label
#: src/lib/registration/ui/migration_repos_selection_dialog.rb:85
msgid "Select the Repositories used for Migration"
msgstr ""
"{-De installatiebronnen selecteren-}{+Opslagplaatsen+} die {+worden +}"
"gebruikt{- zullen worden-} voor migratie{+ selecteren+}"

#. TRANSLATORS: check button label
#: src/lib/registration/ui/migration_selection_dialog.rb:138
msgid "Manually Adjust the Repositories for Migration"
msgstr ""
"{-De installatiebronnen-}{+Opslagplaatsen+} voor migratie handmatig aanpassen"

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer