Re: [opensuse-translation] Translating Leap
Den 01. okt. 2015 12:40, Karl Eichwalder skreiv:
>Well, you can translate the Factory trunk, if you desire, hoping that it
>is used for some part of Leap.
Yes, that's the plan currently. For yast, I'll add the "missing"
translations from factory ("trunk") to the SLE yast2-trans bundle. Then
Leap can inherit it from SLE 12 SP1 and all languages are covered in
openSUSE Leap.

But won’t the application versions in factory/trunk be different from the ones for SLE 12 SP? And in particular, some strings will be different. Isn’t that the whole point of SLE12/Leap vs. factory/trunk/Tumbleweed, that SLE12/Leap contains *stable* versions of applications?

I would be great, if community translators of the official SLE languages
(en_US, ar, cs, de, es, fr, hu, it, ja, ko, nl, pl, pt_BR, ru, sv,
zh_CN, and zh_TW) would compare current factory translations with the
variants in the SLE12-SP1 branch and report issues via bugzilla.
Please, do not change translations in the SLE12-SP1 branch directly.

How about translations of *non-offical* SLE languages? Can/should these be submitted to the SLE12-SP1 branch https://svn.opensuse.org/svn/opensuse-i18n/branches/SLE12-SP1/?

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer