Re: [opensuse-translation] Process for Translating for landing page (the old one / current one)
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 10:24:28 +0200
On 09/09/2015 02:20 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 09/03/2015 05:31 AM, Manu Gupta wrote:
Hi,

The current landing page is capable of taking translations from the
server (so it seems after running the scripts).
However, I am not sure how do I upload the english po file on the
server. Is there a how-to, with the location of server?

I am attaching the po file here (which is in English), which should be
uploaded to https://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-i18n/trunk/lcn/en_US/po/

After reading this
(https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Localization_guide#SVN_Structure) ,
it seems like I will need an account. Unfortunately, I do not intend
to become a full time translator. Can anyone help in checking this one
in and help us getting translated.

The correct file (lcn/50-pot/opensuse-org.pot) is already uploaded. So
translators, please go for it!

I will probably merge back the available translations and deploy this
Friday.

I will deploy in a couple of hours from now, as soon as people wake up
in Utah, where the server lives.

So far we have translations for ca, fr, it, jp, nl, sk, uk and zh-tw.
Not bad, but far from the 24 languages we display in the language
selection box. :-)

I'll check again before displaying.

Thanks all.
--