Re: [opensuse-translation] Steps for creating Spanish variants?
Den 04. sep. 2015 21:59, Javier Llorente skreiv:
The Spanish translation team has decided* to split the translations
into two variants:

- - Castilian Spanish: es_ES (decided). I think we could start with this
one.
- - Latin American Spanish: es_LAT or a specific one, such es_AR (to be
decided by them).

This decision doesn’t make sense. There is no es_LAT locale, and it’s *not even a syntactically valid* locale code (ref. BCP 47). I’m not sure exactly what es_LAT is supposed to cover, but it seems to me that es_419 would be the appropriate locale code: http://www.localeplanet.com/icu/es-419/index.html

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer