Re: [opensuse-translation] landing page translation
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 22:30:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2015-07-23 at 13:54 +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
Douglas DeMaio <> writes:

I hope your day is going well. We are at the point with the new openSUSE
landing page where we can move forward with translations. I want to
thank Cynthia and Zvezdana for their hard work and dedication in
developing this page, which you can find here -
http://cyntss.github.io/opensuse-landing-page/#

Thus far, additionally 11 languages are done (I'll attach the json
files). I only include those languages that have a coverage of more
than 50%.

In case you need a translation update, please provide a proper English
json template file. Instead of the Spnish translations, we need a file
with English strings. In json, the part before ":" seems to be a
keyword or an ID, and the string after ":" is the translation or the
original string. I'll also attach the English template file that I
created from your Spanish variant.

I'm confused. Douglas DeMaio said:

Currently we have the page in English and Spanish

But the opensuse-landing-page.es.po doesn't contain the existing Spanish text in "http://cyntss.github.io/opensuse-landing-page/#";. Most of the strings are empty, so I do not know if Spanish needs translation or not.

And copy paste from some parts of the web page does not work, I have to hand copy it.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)