Re: [opensuse-translation] landing page translation
  • From: David <medipas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:52:26 +0200
Hi,
I also agree. If there is no technical reason that makes it totally
impossible, it would not make any sense not to have the appropriate pot/po
file, and it would not be practical to have translation resources split in two
different places. The current landing page's text is in a pot/po file already.
Why not update it?
I have never used Github. I am going to try, but I feel unsure I will manage
it at first try, and I think this will only delay things and it may result in
less available languages, such as mine.
Thanks,
David Medina
Catalan team

El Dimarts, 14 de juliol de 2015, a les 19:44:47, Karl Ove Hufthammer va
escriure:
Den 14. juli 2015 18:20, Carlos E. R. skreiv:
I agree with Luiz. We have central point for managing translations

of openSUSE. And we use standard way via po files.

I agree, too, although Spanish is not affected.

I agree too. Translatable content *needs* to be in a standardised
translation format (i.e., PO files), in a central place. Anything else
is a recipe for disaster, for very many reasons. We (translators) have
*years* of lessons learned on this.

Any when openSUSE already *has* a nice infrastructure for translating
content, it seems like an especially bad idea not to use it.