Re: [opensuse-translation] How to merge files?
  • From: Efstathios Iosifidis <iefstathios@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 22:25:48 +0200
On 2015-01-21 18:04, Efstathios Iosifidis wrote:
Hello my friends,

I would like to ask you how to merge files.
Example:
There are 2 files here
https://i18n.opensuse.org/stats/trunk/el/lcn/index.php

There are a lot of files there. I don't understand what you want to do.

The typical operation is to merge the original messages, in English, the
.pot file, with the currently translated file, the .po file, in order to
add new strings that the developers created (in the .pot file)

This I do this way:

msgmerge --previous --no-wrap --force-po -U $POFILE $POTFILE

Thank you Carlos. I'll try it.
Well the 2 files that show me need merge is opensuse-org.el.po and zypper.el.po

Take care,
Stathis

--
http://www.iosifidis.gr http://linkedin.iosifidis.gr

Great leaders don't tell you what to do...They show you how it's done.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts...absolutely.