Re: [opensuse-translation] Question about yast - ycp or ruby?
On 09/14/2013 04:05 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi!

I'm starting to translate yast files. I look at a .pot file
(audit-laf.es.po) and I see:

# clients/lan_modem.ycp:742
# include/cups/ui.ycp:21ude/cups/ui.ycp:2219
# include/cups/ui.ycp:1817 include/cups/ui.ycp:1888
include/cups/ui.ycp:1907
# include/cups/ui.ycp:1919
#. translators: command line help text for show action
#: src/clients/audit-laf.rb:68
msgid "Show information about audit settings"
msgstr "Mostrar información de la configuración de auditoría"

I'm surprised to see references to the ycp source files. Are these correct?

In my copy of audit-laf.[it.po|pot], I see only:

#. translators: command line help text for show action
#: src/clients/audit-laf.rb:68
msgid "Show information about audit settings"

However, according to gettext doc [1], your references to ycp are
translator's comments, not something extracted from the sources.
This explains the different content between it.po and es.po.

Best,
Andrea

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/PO-Files.html