Re: [opensuse-translation] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
  • From: Vít Pelčák <v.pelcak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:53:52 +0200

On Monday, 2013-04-29 at 07:17 +0200, Michal Hrusecky wrote:

My point exactly ;-)

Why should the Spanish team document things in English? Or the French in
English? We use our own languages. Some have their own mail lists. Each team
has their own different procedures.

Perhaps I should create some tool and document it in Czech, of course.
You would certainly understand and appreciate it. Ecpeecially when I
would use it as argument against deployment of other tool
Whatever is documented in language other than English is not
documented at all. Like it or not, but English is "Lingua Franca" of
IT.

I'm reading whole thread and, well I can't believe my eyes since you
joined it. Don't you really see how ridiculous you look?

I agree, it was not good idea to try to implement something without
consulting community.
Nevertheless, it is not excuse for your behaviour.

There could still be some debate started. Something actually
productive. Something what would lead to benefit of whole community.
Why did you try so much to prevent it from happening?
It looks pretty selfish to me, to be honest.

/That/ is how we work.

You were defending your position by saying that your tool is
documented, which it effectively is not.
Given your behaviour, it is really awkward to read from _you_ that
_you_ would expect more tact from others while showing none.

- -- Cheers,

Vit Pelcak