Re: [opensuse-translation] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
  • From: "Gabriel [SGT]" <gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 09:38:34 -0300
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 4:53 AM, Leandro Regueiro
<leandro.regueiro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday, 2013-04-10 at 18:53 +0200, Michal Hrusecky wrote:

vertaal requires svn, and it downloads and uploads, and other tasks, via
svn. If the repo changes to git, it has to be redesigned.

Actually it support any vcs, although I didn't wrote the git adapter
as it wasn't necessary.

It is not a translation tool, it is an organization tool.

I see it more as translation submission and translation team management tool.

Both :)

On the other hand, if translation files are moved to git, due to the
way git works, I won't be hosting Vertaal anymore, even if I had the
time to write the adapter.

As far as I see, weblate seems quite similar to what Vertaal does.

To be honest, I don't see any strong reason for this change. Just MHO

--
Kind Regards