Re: [opensuse-translation] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
Leandro Regueiro - 18:59 10.04.13 wrote:
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Michal Hrusecky <michal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Carlos E. R. - 17:40 10.04.13 wrote:
On Wednesday, 2013-04-10 at 12:42 +0200, Michal Hrusecky wrote:
Carlos E. R. - 11:43 10.04.13 wrote:

Please consider our current tools, like vertaal, which several teams
depend on. It would break and have to be redesigned.

AFAIK all these tool should be able to handle .po files which can be
otained
either via got or newly from web interface, so there should be no
problem,
except that it will lower the barrier for newer contributors.

vertaal requires svn, and it downloads and uploads, and other tasks, via
svn. If the repo changes to git, it has to be redesigned.

So it doesn't have any off-line mode and is hard tied to one particular
version
control system? Sounds like a strange choice in application design...

Please ask Gabriel whether he can do it or not. :-|

I'll admit that I tried googling for that super cool tool you mentioned,
this
'vertaal', but kinda failed, couldn't find it and I obviously have no
experience with it. Are there many translators using it? Are there some real
benefits over mainstream tools like Localize? Can you provide something
more,
like url? I even tried searching in obs and couldn't find it...

http://www.vertaal.com.ar/

So it's web application someone set up and some people are using? Now that
close ties to one version control system and not having off-line version makes
sense :-D From the proposal, that application will be most probably replaced by
Weblate. So web translations will be still possible, interface will change a
little bit probably thought. Let's see when Tomas will make some progress and
will make a public Weblate instance available to be tested ;-)

--
Michal Hrusecky <Michal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>