Re: [opensuse-translation] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
Carlos E. R. - 17:40 10.04.13 wrote:
On Wednesday, 2013-04-10 at 12:42 +0200, Michal Hrusecky wrote:
Carlos E. R. - 11:43 10.04.13 wrote:

Please consider our current tools, like vertaal, which several teams
depend on. It would break and have to be redesigned.

AFAIK all these tool should be able to handle .po files which can be otained
either via got or newly from web interface, so there should be no problem,
except that it will lower the barrier for newer contributors.

vertaal requires svn, and it downloads and uploads, and other tasks, via
svn. If the repo changes to git, it has to be redesigned.

So it doesn't have any off-line mode and is hard tied to one particular version
control system? Sounds like a strange choice in application design...

Please ask Gabriel whether he can do it or not. :-|

I'll admit that I tried googling for that super cool tool you mentioned, this
'vertaal', but kinda failed, couldn't find it and I obviously have no
experience with it. Are there many translators using it? Are there some real
benefits over mainstream tools like Localize? Can you provide something more,
like url? I even tried searching in obs and couldn't find it...

--
Michal Hrusecky <Michal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>