Re: [opensuse-translation] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 18:25:43 +0200
Dne Po 8. dubna 2013 15:22:28, Tomáš Chvátal napsal(a):
Upstream/developers side:
Take the translations from the svn repository and create po/ folder in your
project root. Structure looks like this (some projects already have po
folder but the translations are in tarball, just throw away the tarball and
unpack it):
<snip>
yast2-network/po/cs.po
yast2-network/po/de.po
yast2-network/po/yast2-network.pot
</snip>

After a bit of investigation this upstream stuff apply only for tools that are
not branched same way as suse releases of course. So if your package is
distinct among sle/opensuse versions then it stays in the git/svn and does not
require any messing with your git repo.

Only stuff that has different branching scheme (or none) will be moved to the
source repos as it make sense to be put there.

I will wall through the po list tomorow and write a list of those that should
be moved here and will do pull requests when I get the read-only on svn for a
bit from admins.

Cheers

Tom