Re: [opensuse-translation] Re: Managing SUSE translations in unified way
  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 18:24:01 +0200

On Tuesday, 2013-04-09 at 08:29 +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
Tomáš Chvátal <> writes:
Let me tell you a "shorty" bit about my hackweek project.

I'm not that sure whether this all is actually wanted or even needed.
And, more important, it looks confusing to me. But if the openSUSE
community wants to go that way, it is fine with me. I'd guess the
openSUSE community than would administer and manage this process (e.g.,
updating the translation packages, in case that that is still needed),
and I could retire from it (which is also perfectly ok for me).

It is too confussing to me. I do not understand a word of it. It may well
mean that I have to retire and stop my contributions as translator.

He just says that he is fine with the mess I am doing technically ;-) and as I
said multiple times it will be you guys who will be using the merging feature
if you decide to do so.

Also if after redesign of the layout there will be still some indepenedent
lang packages (like the yast-lang one) in obs he will be more than happy if
someone from community could take and manage it.

Cheers

Tom